9.9.09

China Post....here by popular demand

So...We were finally off to China! I didn't really believe that I was actually there until I was there. We left the house at 7 in the morning, and took off from the airport at noon.

Starbucks is a magnet for hungry girls like us just hanging out in the airport


I slept on the plane a little...if you can call that sleep. I was very aware sort of sleep, where you're never really comfortable. So when you doze off, your head kinda slips down into a completely uncomfortable dorky position. Then you wake up enough to realize that that looks dumb and really isn't comfortable so you jerk it back up again. And that repeats itself over and over til you give up on the sleeping thing.


We traveled for 10 hours during the day...we left on the 16th, and got there on the 17th. Time changes are something that I'll never really be able to wrap my wee brain around.


The road outside of Shepherd's Field


The Office...the first building you see when you enter. The inn where we stayed is to the right.


The door of the inn.


The door to our room.


They had these little chalkboards on the front of every door. Way cute!


Inside our room. I had the top bunk on the right. It was so muggy and hot up there at night...even with air conditioning.


I love the sinks!


The front door from inside the inn.

5 comments:

Abbie said...

Yay a post!! I loved the pictures...thank you for verifying for us that you're still alive and kicking. :)

Nicole Wright said...

ooh fun post! will you do more china posts! :)

Corina said...

Amazing photos. It's incredible you all were actually there!

*I vote you write about Mike ;) Especially since he expected it!

Annie said...

Always fun to relive those special China memories! I can't wait to read the rest of this series... :)

christine louise said...

I love that sink! How fun.