24.4.10

Our ever so beautiful faces after about 15 hours of traveling, with 2 more left to go. Everything went smoothly until we got on the train to Carnforth. No one was on the train, so we didn't know what all the reserved signs were for on the seats. Whatever. We sat in them anyway. Put our small (30 pound carry ons) above us on the storage shelf, held onto our backpacks, and stuck or 50 pound suitcases on the seats in front of us to make the aisle clear.

Next stop, a madly giggling, crazy bachelorate party got on. And...guess what...we were in their seats! Problem was, by then we didn't have a way to move because the train was so full we couldn't get our luggage moved out of the way. Eventually we moved over and had to ride out the rest of the train ride hanging on to the bags and trying to keep balance.

Being squished against the train doors, two bags over your shoulder, sitting on one, and holding onto the other one because it always falls over...isn't too bad. Until the door opens and people crowd on and you have to try desperately not to fall out and get left behind. 

We survived all everything that came our way and arrived at the school after a perilous drive on the wrong side of the road.

Now if you could please pray that i don't get lost in the castle again. It's a maze. Literally.



sorry...they're not the greatest pictures but they work. no pics of the school yet...but soon. :)

8 comments:

Peter Rust said...

Wow, thanks for keeping us in the loop, Kaish!

Amanda said...

Wow... Sounds like quite the adventure!!

Abbie said...

Oh my gosh! You're in ENGLAND!!!! I can't believe it. I love that you sat in the seats even though they were reserved. :) That is so you. Love you and hope you're having a wonderful time. Thanks for keeping us posted!! Hugs from across the ocean.

Annie said...

I'm SO glad you guys made it there safely! Can't wait to see castle pics soon! :)

Kristine said...

Love your post! Love that you rode on a train in England! Love that you are getting lost in a castle. Have you found the magic turn-into-a-princess room yet? It's the one with the red doorknob and when you open it you think you hear music.

Lydia Lee said...

Ohhhh how I miss train rides in England! :] I've some lovely times on trains in England!! Haha, I can TOTALLY relate to the luggage situation ... I remember dragging mine all over London by myself and just about DYING when I had to carry it up 6 flights of stairs at my hostel!! :D

I'm so glad you got there safely, Kaisha, and that you're already enjoying yourself! Keep posting away ... [more often than I did when I was at Capernwray!] ... I love to hear the stories - they bring back such wonderful memories.

Also have fun exploring the castle! I hope you got a room in it ... that will make it all the more exciting. :] Can't wait to hear more!!

hannah said...

gorgeous indeed. i must say. driving on the wrong side of the road makes me feel like a REBEL. I CAN'T BELIEVE UR IN ENGLAND. dood. mbc next year together, keedokey okeey?!

Through the Sea Glass said...

Ahh, all that travel and you are still two of the most beautiful girls ever.