30.10.08

A Tale of Wilfred: The Beginning

Some of you probably read the blogs of my dear friends Nicole and Marie. They are amazing. They knit socks. They call their socks "Sock." And they take Sock wherever they go. Sock is a very privileged sock. Then my mother started knitting a sock. Her sock goes wherever she goes. Sock goes to bed, book study, piano lessons, doctor's office, dentist. Her sock is also very privileged. I became sad. I saw Marie with her friend Sock, Nicole with her friend Sock, and Mommy with her friend sock. I did not have a sock. I was lonely. So, I went to the yarn store and bought Yarn. Yarn is what sock is called before he becomes Sock. And my mother ordered me Sock Needles. Sock Needles are Sock's best friend. Now I have the makings of Sock! But my sock is going to be special. He is not going to be like the other home knitted socks of this world. He is going to achieve grand and glorious things in his lifetime like keeping my often freezing tootsies warm. "Sock" is too boring of a name for such a unique individual. Therefore, rather than meeting my friend "Sock," I am now introducing you to Wilfred.

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

I love your post, Kaisha! It's cute and funny and creative and about a Sock-what could be better? I am thrilled to hear about Wilfred as Sock will be happy to have a friend of such noble birth. They will just HAVE to do coffee one of these cozy November days.

Anonymous said...

Yay for Wilfred! Cool colors!

Stormgirl said...

Oh my... I love it. I can't wait to see Wilfred. You are a genious of a writer!

Anonymous said...

Nice Kaish' I love it. :) LOL

Janel said...

lol that is so funny, so well writtek Kaisha!

Balvanz said...

I LOVE YOU KAISH'!!!!!!!!!!!!

Shelby said...

Oh Kaishy I love it!!!! :)